School of Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thoughts on outcome of Summer Promotion

+2
Doyle
JasonBlade
6 posters

Go down

Thoughts on outcome of Summer Promotion Empty Thoughts on outcome of Summer Promotion

Post by JasonBlade Mon Apr 28, 2014 12:39 am

Official Standings:

LMQ:3-0

compLexity.Black : 3-1

Evil Geniuses: 3-1

Cloud 9 HyperX Tempest: 1-3

Team Coast : 1-3

XDG: 0-3

So as you see above XDG , Team Coast , as well as Cloud9 Tempest have been eliminated from entering LCS.

I am going to go team by team and talk about how I feel about each, feel free to reply with your thoughts!

LMQ(LMQ Tian Ci): This is a team that came from China and was a apprentice team to Royal Club. This proved to be a huge upside to LMQ's performance overall in the NACL. Backing the team up was the one and only Zhuang Peng (No not the artist trolls). Zhuang is known in China as being one of the most well organized and respected managers of amateur teams. Overall I believe we could have all expected to see LMQ enter the LCS right off the bat in the NACL ending there season with a very impressive 18-4 record.

compLexity.Black: A team filled with great individual solo queue players among which standing out is a veteran professional gamer, Westrice. Westrice has been working hard along side ROBERTxLEE for two years not giving up there dream of becoming LCS professionals once more. Now is there big shot to show the world they are more than individual players, will they step up to the bar set of the current standing LCS players? Or will Westrice's dreams be buried to ruins for good.

Evil Geniuses: Taking 7th place in the Spring Split with a record of 8-20 EG was up against Cloud 9 Tempest (Previously The Walking Zed) a team that was known for dominating NACL. In the end EG won with a 3-1 record and reclaim there spot onto the LCS stage. Will EG's new(ish) roster be a improvement in the months to come? Or does there problems lie on another aspect?

Cloud 9 HyperX Tempest: Taking second in the NACL now named Cloud 9 Tempest entered the summer promo with hopes of reaching there dream of a official LCS team, but as the games played out it was clear that experience played a heavy role in there games against Evil Genius, taking a heavy loss ending in a 1-3 record. I expect this team not to disband and instead to see this team in the NACL in the future.

Team Coast: After taking 6th place in the NA Spring Split with a 10-18 record Team Coast faced Complexity Black in what looked to be a very on tilt Team Coast , over confident perhaps? In the end Coast were eliminated with a 1-3 record. This as well is a team I do not see disbanding. You will see Team Coast over in the NACL this upcoming season with fire in there eyes and ready to prove themselves once more.

XDG: Taking last with a 7-21 record XDG face off against LMQ. Despite XDG's experience playing against the top 3 teams of LCS they fall short handed in what seemed to be a complete blow out ending in a 0-3 record. XDG I am also going to predict will be seen in the upcoming NACL season, roster swaps are likely. But I do not see this team disbanding as well.
JasonBlade
JasonBlade
Unranked Poster

Back to top Go down

Thoughts on outcome of Summer Promotion Empty Re: Thoughts on outcome of Summer Promotion

Post by Doyle Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:15 am

These were how the results were gonna be in my mind minus CST losing 1-3 to CLB. CLB I knew were good, but CST has 1.5 seasons of Pro LoL to beat a new team. XDG sucks, so that was obvious, and EG is no where near as bad as CST or XDG so it wasn't a surprise either, but damn CST is reaaaaaaaaally dumb. That game 1 throw was embarrassing to watch.
Doyle
Doyle
Founder

Back to top Go down

Thoughts on outcome of Summer Promotion Empty Re: Thoughts on outcome of Summer Promotion

Post by JasonBlade Mon Apr 28, 2014 2:14 pm

Doyle wrote:These were how the results were gonna be in my mind minus CST losing 1-3 to CLB. CLB I knew were good, but CST has 1.5 seasons of Pro LoL to beat a new team. XDG sucks, so that was obvious, and EG is no where near as bad as CST or XDG so it wasn't a surprise either, but damn CST is reaaaaaaaaally dumb. That game 1 throw was embarrassing to watch.
I am glad to see CLB , a team that has been trying so hard to make it, finally be in the LCS. I am predicting a top 5 finish for next split from them.
JasonBlade
JasonBlade
Unranked Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by lavadude770 Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:46 pm

I knew LMQ would stomp XDG, don't know why those matches even had to occur
lavadude770
lavadude770
Unranked Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Kataminjaru Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:45 pm

I'm super sad that C9T isn't in the LCS. I really like Evil Geniuses because of their players, but I just wanted C9T to win because I wuuuuvvv Bischuuuu and the other players too. LMQ, TSM, and C9 are gonna be Top 3
Kataminjaru
Kataminjaru
Unranked Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Doyle Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:17 am

So sad that Bischu retired eh?
Doyle
Doyle
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Danye Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:11 am

Im sad that coast is out of the LCS. Coast is probably the better team, (other pros have also stated that coast is the better team but just happened to not play well that day.) Shiptur and zion are just both so extremely strong solo laners. I hope those two join another team or coast tries again in the challenger league. Although I think there disbanding since I saw there jungler nintendude stating that he was searching for another team in the challenger league.
Danye
Danye
Unranked Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by JasonBlade Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:22 pm

Just found an article while browsing Ongamers you guys may be interested in various stats for NA LCS: http://www.ongamers.com/articles/na-lcs-stats-leaders-for-spring-2014-regular-season-playoffs-and-relegations/1100-1308/
JasonBlade
JasonBlade
Unranked Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Evan Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:42 pm

XDG was like my favorite NA LCS team, Mancloud and Sheep are some of the best players NA imo. To be honest, Zuna ruined their entire season by whining about bot never getting ganks, then forcing a roster swap. XDG ended up doing MUCH better when the original positions were reverted. Zuna is a pretty weak ADC in the pro scene anyways, as seen by the fact that XDG like to feed him kills which he really couldn't do anything with due to his champion picks or lack of mechanical skill in comparison to the rest of the ADCs. Benny's not particularly good either, but he is no where near as negative as Zuna imo.

tl;dr Zuna is pretty toxic towards the team and should be replaced accordingly. Benny should be replaced, but not with the priority that Zuna should.

I'm not educated well on the Challenger (now LCS) Teams, but I know that LMQ is really, really good, even winning scrims against top LCS teams.
Evan
Evan
Unranked Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum