School of Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Feral Flare, OP or not?

+7
Reedpipes
Kataminjaru
Evan
Listerfiend
JasonBlade
Danye
Doyle
11 posters

Go down

Feral Flare OP?

Feral Flare, OP or not? Vote_lcap40%Feral Flare, OP or not? Vote_rcap 40% 
[ 4 ]
Feral Flare, OP or not? Vote_lcap60%Feral Flare, OP or not? Vote_rcap 60% 
[ 6 ]

Total Votes : 10

Feral Flare, OP or not? Empty Feral Flare, OP or not?

Post by Doyle Tue Apr 22, 2014 3:08 pm

I don't think Feral Flare is OP. It just makes another style of jungling viable in this meta and enables new champions for relative play. Things like Nocturne, Master Yi, Xin Zhao, and Udyr can now play at the same level as someone like Vi and Kha'Zix. Junglers are actually able to carry games now, which is awesome. Instead of always just giving kills to your carries and hope they carry. The only jungler that could do this carry solo thing that feral flare brought prior to the item was Kha'Zix, which is why he was always banned.
Doyle
Doyle
Founder

Back to top Go down

Feral Flare, OP or not? Empty Re: Feral Flare, OP or not?

Post by Danye Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:54 pm

In most of my games, pretty much all bans are used on feral flare junglers with the exception of khazix. I feel that the item was extremely strong and still is right now and the nerf from needing 25 stacks to 30 stacks toned it down nicely. I don't think that its really BROKEN but I know that is very strong right now and has made a ton of other champions strong as well.
Danye
Danye
Unranked Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by JasonBlade Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:29 am

I agree with Doyle , the thought of making Junglers into carries? I am totally okay with this. It added a lot of viable champion picks to overall broaden LCS games pool as well (No more pick the same 15 champions NA/EU LCS like in past). But also watching OGN jungle Olaf once again with this item is spectacular. Overall I believe League has made a right move adding this item. So I have to mark my vote under No.
JasonBlade
JasonBlade
Unranked Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Listerfiend Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:28 am

Udyr is definitely viable without that item, just saying. Putting him in the same tier as Nocture and Yi is just ignorant.
Listerfiend
Listerfiend
Unranked Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Evan Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:32 am

While I do not think Feral Flare is broken, I do feel it is absurdly strong, but it also makes people who were not viable before much stronger. This being said, Feral Flare has centralized ban phase, and in my elo, Nocturne is almost permabanned, and he's played if he's not. I do not feel as if the item has a negative influence, but it is something that will likely be nerfed further.
Evan
Evan
Unranked Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Kataminjaru Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:38 pm

No not really, atleast not as much from the nerf. It is a very strong item but is not SUPER op. I like Feral Flare in the game though, it makes alot of older junglers more viable now.
Kataminjaru
Kataminjaru
Unranked Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Reedpipes Mon Apr 28, 2014 2:20 am

it is op when they have it but you can prevent them severely by counter jungling them nonstop
Reedpipes
Reedpipes
Unranked Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by lavadude770 Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:36 pm

The item itself lends anyone who thrives off of attack speed to be very powerful. Some example god tier feral flame junglers are Udyr (Godyr), Xin Xiao because of his knock up proc, Aatrox due to his third hit lifesteal, and Master Yi, for obvious reasons. The once it becomes the Feral Flare it also gives a sense of the old Wriggles Lantern with the life(steal) on hit and this item stacks infinitely making anyone who stays in the jungle very powerful. All in all the item itself is not OP per-say, but lends itself to give "tons of damage" to even a full tank jungler that has this item.
TL;DR - It's a good item but not as op as everyone thinks
lavadude770
lavadude770
Unranked Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by iTzBriant Fri May 02, 2014 9:04 pm

Feral flare is not OP. Although, it is fairly strong. I like this item, because junglers can actually carry.
iTzBriant
iTzBriant
Unranked Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by kanarii Fri May 02, 2014 10:19 pm

I think op is a slightly strong tag to put on it. It is really strong for those people who want to afk farm. It gives a much better late game scalling for them.
kanarii
kanarii
Unranked Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Devonm13 Fri May 02, 2014 11:44 pm

I believe Feral Flare still needs some tweaking, but i strongly disagree with it being OP.

Because of your need to farm this item up you're sacrificing a large amount of gank potentials, especially on someone like Xin who has a strong early game, and even if you do gank a lot early with it, you will have a very delayed transformation.
Devonm13
Devonm13
Unranked Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum